A friend had made salmon pasta a long long while ago and I had been meaning to try it since then. On the nights kids have basketball practice I try to make something quick and simple and so pasta it was for dinner today … tossed with some protein. This is a super simple recipe and takes less than half hour to make and kids loved it. So, it is a keeper and what’s not to love about pasta and fresh basil! I made the following changes to the recipe:
- I used only 8 oz of pasta and two salmon filets with skin on
- The filets I had were pretty thin so I only baked them for 15 mins and peeled off the skin after baking
- I added 1/3 cup of peas to the last 2 minutes of cooking pasta
- Skipped zest since the kids are not crazy about it
- Heated olive oil and sauteed garlic and 3 cups of baby spinach leaves* before tossing with pasta
*Can easily add up to 5-6 cups of spinach leaves
You can get the original recipe here.